Monday, January 21, 2013

January

I will definitely include some pics on this post as promised, but wanted to share a few thoughts first.  Today has been quite frustrating, so bear with me here.  It actually started out great. I got up in time, showered (always a plus), got Coop up and ready,
headed to drop him off at daycare on time (with possibly even extra time to get myself an egg mcmuffin.....double plus!). Coop and I were singing along to K-love as we drove, hitting every green light, and both in great moods. I was noticing there were hardly any cars on the road, but thought nothing of it at the time. Then I drove into the daycare parking lot, hmmm.....no cars either. Strange. Then it hit me. Yep, today is MLK, and that meant daycare was closed. CLOSED! I had to be at work in 15 minutes and had nowhere to take my precious lovebug. Don't panic I thought, I have plenty of great friends to call. I started through my mental list of friends, cousins, neighbors, etc. A few minutes later, it was evident people have lives and plans, and it just wasn't going to happen. So I called work to tell them I had to come in late, and burst into tears. Probably the hormones, or the frustration of being so organized but also so unorganized at the same time, but it just hit me and I started bawling to the charge nurse. She assured me it was fine, I told her I could come in at 12:00pm. I got off the phone and turned around, Coop was crying too. Guess he hasn't truly experienced a mom meltdown yet.

Long story short I ended up calling in sick for the whole day (while crying again.....in the middle of the milk aisle at Hyvee). Andy tried to help, but overall I was just frustrated at the whole situation (and myself). I knew it was MLK day, and that daycare was closed on MLK day, but just never really put two and two together. Blame it on the pregnancy I guess. Andy reassured me he should have remembered this as well and will help me more next time, but let's be honest, we all know remembering times and dates is not one of my husband's strong points!

So instead of at work today, I find myself blogging (still in my scrubs), and trying to make the most of my "sick day". I did end up getting my egg mcmuffin after all (with little man in tow), did some marching to the Presidental Inaguaration beats with Coop, and organized his toy closet.

Here are some lighter January moments for you......

A quick Wednesday afternoon trip to the zoo
Another ear infection....poor baby.
Andy playing with one of his new Christmas gifts..... .come on over for some fresh popped popcorn!

And here is a sneak preview of the beginning of our potty training experiences!  I know, I know, his pants aren't even down, but I will say he gets the concept of sitting on the toilet, "pushing", and "wiping".  The quotes are around these words because he kind of gets it.........
,   


Putting on a little concert with Dad.  Check out my new boom box I got for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment