Tuesday, January 10, 2012

8, 66, 2, and 1

Ok weird Blog Title I realize.  But these are special numbers in our life, and I am about to tell you why.  I also dedicate this post to my dear mother in law who loves "number meanings" (not sure if that's what you call it) and how certain numbers represent things!  Ok here is what 8, 66, 2, and 1 mean:

8 MONTHS!


That's right, Cooper turned 8 months on December 30th and is loving it (as he has loved every month before).  And in our 8th month, Cooper has been alive for a new record, that's right:

66 degrees in January (in Omaha!)
It is unbelievable, we were out for a walk in a long sleeve shirt in the middle of January.  We are loving it, although kind of missing the snow and the "feeling" of winter, since I am a seasons girl.  But I guess not missing the 0 degree weather that's for sure.

And now you ask what 2 is?  Well 2 is......

2 TEETH!
Yep, Coopy got his his first two bottom teeth (wish I had a better picture of this, but you can kind of see in the pic above!).  He did very well with it, was a bit fussy but nothing that a little tylenol can't help ;)  And don't worry, even though Andy thinks as a nurse I tend to overmedicate (myself and now our child), I assure you I did not. Sadly with the two teeth came the end of breastfeeding.  Only took getting bit a few times to realize it needed to come to an end.  But my goal was 6 months, so I guess I felt ok stopping.  And finally, to our #1....................

1 picky eater!
Check out his face, he is just not sure about the latest.......meat.  Although we have come a long way from the ice cream and guacamole faze.  I know you are all judging me right now as a mother, but for awhile there he woudn't swallow anything, so we were worried that he didn't get it, but then we tried a taste of ice cream and then guacamole, and believe me, he got it!  Bottom line is, he knows what he wants.  Which is usually whatever Andy and I are eating.  Can't wait for a few more teeth so we can give him some real food (he has told us loud and clear he hates the baby food purees!)

But he is doing  lot better, thanks to this invention:

Food in a pouch!  Who would have known?  But he loves it, and if it gets food in his mouth, I am all for it!
So that's our 8, 66, 2, and 1.  Below are a few more fun pics from the life of the Richard family.

Andy and Coop's new favorite thing to do.  Andy always ask me to look at Coop and see if he likes it.  And when I look over, both of them always have a huge smile on their face!  Love my boys!

Trying the sweet potatoe/meat combo.  Mom's pretty excited as you can see. Ok I realize I look like a dork here, I tend to give the thumbs up sign a lot these days in pictures.......guess that's one thing I got from my dad!

Andy with his head lamp on.......enough said

Decided if he wasn't going to eat it, might as well let him play in it.
Thanks for checking in with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment